Monday, February 10, 2014

Product Review: Silk Iced Latte - Mocha

Whether or not you will like this brand of vegan pre-made iced coffee comes down to how much you like the soy aftertaste. I love it, so I really liked this coffee.

Unlike almond milk, soy milk has a strong after taste. You can taste the almonds in almond milk, but they don't stand out from the other flavors in coffee. With soy milk iced coffee, you can definitely taste the soy.

I have always liked the taste of soy milk in coffee, and usually order soy at Starbucks. I thought the soy and coffee went really well together here. My boyfriend, on the other hand, did not like it at all. He couldn't finish a glass. So if you don't like the taste of soy, this is not for you.


Review: Silk Iced Latte - Mocha

First Impressions: H - "This is a lot better than I thought it would be." A - "Really? I thought it was disgusting."
Taste: You can distinctly taste the coffee, chocolate, and soy. If you like soy, the 3 work well together. If you don't, the soy will be overpowering.
Texture: Thicker than non-vegan version. Smooth, velvety.
Worth buying again? I would if I was craving a strong soy flavor. Otherwise probably not.
Better than non-vegan version? No. It's not really comparable to Starbucks because the soy flavor is so strong.
Better than other vegan versions? No way. Nothing has come close to this brand.
Overall: If you like soy - 4, if you don't - 2.