Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Product Review: Califia Farms Iced Coffee - Double Espresso

This is the next product my boyfriend picked for our iced coffee adventure. Because the Almond Breeze Mocha we tried last time didn't have a strong coffee flavor, we chose the Double Espresso variety for this brand. It's also made with almond milk.

We do most of our shopping at Von's and Trader Joe's, but have recently started going to Whole Foods more often. That's where we found this brand, I haven't seen it anywhere else.


Review: Califia Farms Iced Coffee - Double Espresso 

First impressions: "Wow." "Damn... this is really good."
Taste: Intense coffee flavor, can't really taste the almonds. It's sweeter than other brands I have tried, but that could be to balance the double espresso.
Texture: Creamy, pretty thick. Not as thick as the Almond Breeze, but thicker than Starbucks.
Worth buying again? Absolutely, favorite one I have tried so far.
Better than non-vegan version? This tastes similar to a pre-made Coffee Frappuccino from Starbucks. It's so good that I would pick it over their version. If they were the same price and available everywhere, I would always pick this one.
Overall: 5/5