Monday, February 16, 2015

Product Review: Svelte Organic Protein Shake - Chocolate



This vegan protein shake is made with soymilk. If you like soy, you will love this. It tastes just like chocolate milk, there is no gritty or chalky protein powder that a lot of protein drinks have. And I love the packaging. 

This 11 ounce bottle has 11 grams of protein, which is similar to cows milk. It also has added vitamins and uses organic ingredients. Organic is nice for soy because that means there are no GMOs, which are otherwise common with soy ingredients. 


Review: Svelte Organic Protein Shake - Chocolate

First impressions:
 Yum, very chocolatey. 
Taste: Just like chocolate milk. There is a slight soy aftertaste, but I like it. It is masked by the chocolate for the most part, I don't know if I would have noticed it if I didn't know it was vegan. 
Texture: Similar to chocolate cows milk, a little bit thicker. Smooth, there is no gritty or chalky texture that some protein shakes have.
Can you tell it's vegan? No, if I didn't know I don't think I would have guessed that it is vegan. 
Worth buying again? Yes. 
Overall: 5 out of 5