Saturday, March 8, 2014

Roasted Gold Potatoes


I love just about any kind of potatoes, but there's something special about the Yukon Gold variety. They're golden in color, hence the name, and they also have an almost buttery flavor to them. 


For this recipe I cooked the potatoes twice - first in the microwave and then in the oven. This makes them soft and fluffy on the inside, but crunchy on the outside. 


I got this recipe from one of my college friends. Her mom made them one night and I was instantly hooked. Whenever I make them I always make extra to have as leftovers, but still end up eating them all right away.


Roasted Gold Potatoes

Ingredients:
  • Yukon Gold potatoes
  • Olive Oil
  • Salt
  • Pepper
  • Garlic Powder
  • Oregano
Directions:
  1. Place washed, unpeeled potatoes on microwave safe plate. Poke holes in the potatoes and microwave on high for 20 minutes.
  2. Peel the potatoes. I used a fork, but they are easy to peel by hand if you can wait for them to cool.
  3. Place peeled potatoes in an oven safe dish and add seasonings and olive oil. Stir until the potatoes are evenly covered with oil. 
  4. Bake 20-30 minutes, stirring half way in between. The potatoes are already cooked, so you are just getting them crispy in the oven. If it is taking too long, you can use the broiler. If you do use the broiler, be very careful to set a timer or keep an eye on them - it is really easy to accidentally burn food under the broiler!