Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Review: Hail Merry Cookie Dough Bites

Hail Merry Cookie Dough Bites

Vegan cookie dough bites! What a great idea! 

I loved eating raw cookie dough as a kid (and adult). Vegan cookie dough makes a lot of sense. You don't have to worry about uncooked eggs, and they won't be baked so it's less important to find the best egg replacer so they rise properly. 

I really wanted to like these. They looked adorable. 


Hail Merry Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites unwrapped

But they didn't taste as good as I hoped they would. They tasted like dry, coconut balls. I didn't finish eating them, and it's a small package. 

All of Hail Merry's products are vegan, gluten free, and grain free. I wonder if a vegan cookie dough with wheat flour might have a closer texture to what I was expecting. Although I'd like to try their other products, and am glad there's a company that caters to people who can't eat those ingredients.

Hail Merry Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites ingredients: Organic Maple Syrup, Almond Flour, Organic Shredded Coconut, Organic Chocolate Chips (Organic Cane Sugar, Organic Cocoa Liquor, Organic Cocoa Butter), Organic Virgin Coconut Oil, Vanilla, Celtic Sea Salt.


Review: Hail Merry Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites
First impressions: "Cute! Oh... not very good though."
Taste: I mainly tasted coconut, and wished it had more chocolate.
Texture: Dry
Can you tell it's vegan? Maybe not, but you can tell it's gluten free. 
Worth buying again? I wouldn't buy this again but still want to try their other products. 
Overall: 3/5